“Atomic Butcher: Homo Metabolicus” is a deranged, fast-paced, ridiculously gory, post-apocalyptic retro 2D platformer/shooter with 360° aiming.
Atomic Butcher: Homo Metabolicus is available on Steam for Windows/Mac/Linux!
The game currently has the following features:
- Classic platformer controls combined with 360° aiming.
- Lots of secrets, easter eggs and hidden goodies!
- Reactive environments: Use fire, electricity, fluids, wind etc. to your advantage!
- Surreal post-apocalyptic stages, filled with absurd mutants and deadly traps!
- A story line about an epic battle for the future of this planet! No, really! So really in fact, that it deserves multiple exclamation marks!!!!!
- Retro pixel graphics drawn with intricate love for the (disgusting) details!
- Blood! Gore! Insanity! Preposterous acts of unwarranted violence!
- Perfect moonwalk skills of our hero!
… humanity finally
managed to destroy itself:
The world has ended.
The details have long been forgotten … a great collapse, mass madness, cannibalism, no more free wi-fi.
After the downfall, strange beings emerged from the radiated, poisoned
Beings such as you: Ages ago born as a human in the old world, then changed into something else, mutated by radiation and toxic
waste. Your brain has been completely fused with your intestinal tract, and combined with your superhuman strength you have become
the perfect weapon of mass digestion. Behold the next step in human evolution: “Homo Metabolicus”!
Endlessly you roam the wastes, deranged and on a mad quest for fresh meat … a scourge for the few surviving pockets of
humanity, a walking manifestation of all that lead us to our end in the first place, pure desire for instant gratification and hunger, you are only known as
…the ATOMIC BUTCHER!
An epic struggle of gastronomic proportions is about to ravage what is left of the world!
Although the game is released, we will continue working on it, and we will keep you posted about its progress, so be sure to check back regularly! If you’re in the mood for some true nostalgia, why not play the prequel, Atomic Butcher as well? It’s free!